DEMOFLY is the research program planned by UTV aimed to develop atechnological demonstrator in the nautical field.
The department of Enterprise Engineering “Mario Lucertini” of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” has solid experiences in developing design methodologies that involve fluid-structure interaction analyses and aero-structural multidisciplinary numerical optimizations in many fields of engineering.
- Setup and validate a parametric aeroelastic analysis model of complete rig able to estimate the sail flying shape operative performances;
- Develop a “digital twin” within a VPP (Velocity Prediction Program)that integrate the sail aeroelastic module and a model of the complete boat including the appendages;
- Develop a parametric flight simulator to estimate the flight quality and stabilityof flying catamarans;
- Setup an integrated design methodology based on a numerical optimization environment in which the variables are both aero and hydrodynamic parameters, namely, the geometry of the appendages and the sail maker variables;
- Setup a design methodology based on a numerical optimization environment in which the variables are the geometry of the appendages and the sail maker parameters;
- Design and manufacture sail and appendages for a classic A-Class catamaran with conventional configuration and for a flying cat exploring and - implementing new solutions on a series boat;
- Perform sea tests, train two crews and participate to races up to the of the world championship in 2023.